Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, February 20, 2015

Self-care sewing

Things have been quiet on the blog!  I have made some time for selfish ( self-care) sewing in the past month.  I am also continuing to work on the Wardrobe Architect from the Colleterie.

My first sew was the Jocole Skinnies Pants.  I've had this pattern but have been afraid to try skinnies because of my size.  I used my hip measurement and the fit was good. I need to raise the outer hip curve next time but otherwise, fit was spot on.  I used stretch denim from the Fashion Fabrics Club and a lycra blend for the waist. I actually feel good wearing them!

I have also been sewing a pajama set that is still in testing. The first pair was with stretch lace and Terry cloth - so comfy! There were some adjustments before making the striped knit pair. This will also have a matching kids pattern. Look for it to be released next week from 5 out of 4 patterns.




No comments: