Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Infant Car Seat Cover for Baby Fritz

I am so relieved to finally have Baby Fritz, my first great-nephew's infant seat finished.  My niece is expecting in early December so I needed to get this project done.  After looking for tutorials, I found this very good one from Make It And Love It  and also purchased one from Puking Pastilles.  Kayla's car seat was a different style but the principles of how to deconstruct and reconstruct were covered by these tutes. 


It went smoothly except for the canopy.  The fit was off on the side sections so I had to cut out a triangle and patch in a bigger piece.  I think it's camoflaged pretty well.... bad joke :)  The worst part was spending 5 hours ripping apart every seam and labeling each piece so I could make pattern pieces.  I used my trusty old Kenmore to sew through the thick parts.  You will need a heavy-duty sewing machine and sz 16 needles if using home-dec weight fabrics because some parts of the seat will be very thick.  Also, purchase extra-wide bias tape.  My tape was too narrow so I re-used some of the original binding.

I'm really happy with the final product.  I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Fritz in his hunter orange & camo infant seat!

 

3 comments:

Bea said...

Wow, this looks awesome. Looks like a really complicated project. Great job. The little baby will look adorable in it.

Katherine Fox said...

would you be intresed in making more in saleing them i really like it but dont have the time to make one? if you would be shot me an email at hachiegirl2003@hotmail.com with the price and how much you think it would cost to ship to texas

Anonymous said...

wow in love this I actually just had a little boy he is very premie an we haven't bought him anything was planning on doing everything in camo, how much is this anyhow?