Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sew Your Pattern Stash ~ Sisboom Jamie Dress

Sew Your (Pattern) Stash 2015
 
March's theme for Sew Your Pattern Stash has been Dresses and Skirts.  I was hoping to make a Sisboom Angie, Sisboom Jamie and Ellie Inspired Spring Lily, but work and illness have kept me away from the sewing machine.  I was able to make a Jamie dress this week and am very happy with the result.
 
This Jamie took about 6 hours from cutting to sewing.  It was a simple dress and would be suitable for a beginner with some experience.  It does have a size zipper and fully lined bodice.  The lining is treated as one piece with the outer fabric during construction, so it does not really add to the complexity of the project.  This makes the inner dress not as neat as more traditional construction but much faster to sew. 
 
I chose a knee length skirt and added a lining layer since my gingham was very thin.  I'd love to try a circle skirt next time to decrease the bulk at my waistline.  I love the vintage-vibe of the gingham print, close-fitting bodice and full skirt.  I'm looking forward to more Jamies in my wardrobe!

 
My girls have fun designing on the extra dress form a friend gave me.  Check out their latest design!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I have not tried to do any clothing for myself (I do sew clothing for my daughter). I think I need to pin this because summer is coming and this is adorable!