Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Love is a New Dress

I finally ponied up and bought the Sienna Dress Pattern from Lil Blue Boo!  I've been admiring it for quite some time and after reading about the Lil Blue Boo/ Dharma Trading Challenge I decided to jump in.  I must admit that I'm a novice when it comes to sewing knits and have never used fabrics paints or screen printing techniques.  The sewing was no problem, but I was a little intimidated about the painting.  As a baby step, I bought a few colors of fabric paint and made a heart stencil from freezer paper.  It ironed on beautifully and I brushed on the paint with a foam brush.  Turned out pretty cute, huh?!  I can't wait to show it to Mallory in the morning.  She could hardly keep her hands out of the paint when I was working on the hearts :)

 

I have some more ideas about embellishments for other dresses I want to make.  I'm excited to share them with you in the days & weeks to come.  I would highly recommend this pattern.  It was well written and included many hints about sewing knits and step-by-step pictures.  Why not try something new and join the challenge, too!

No comments: