Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

DMK Stylish Kids Coat -Take 1

I purchased two jacket patterns from the Dear My Kids Etsy shop, the Stylish Kids Coat and Unisex Pea Coat.  My first one to sew was the Stylish Kids Coat for Mallory.  Love it!
Mama L's DMK Stylish Kids Coat
Mama L's DMK Stylish Kids Coat
Mama L's DMK Stylish Kids Coat
Mama L's DMK Stylish Kids Coat
Mama L's DMK Stylish Kids Coat

I was really pleased with this pattern. It was well-written and sizing was accurate. I will make this again, likely with a lighter-weight cotton. The fabric I used for this one was thrifted baby cord and the lining is cotton scraps from my stash. DMK is hosting a sewing contest on her blog, so check it out here!

Linked to:
Whimsy Couture's Let's Sew!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh my word- that is so fantastic! I want one in my size!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Angie, I am very impressed!! The coat is adorable - you did a great job on it. MomK

Becky said...

Not only do I want one in my size - I want you to be my Mommy!!! That jacket is simply fabulous!

Cole's Corner said...

Soooooo cute. I love it!

Bea said...

WOW! This is a beautiful coat. I love it. Can't wait to see the second one.

AmandaRose said...

super cute I would love to make this for one of my girls or both :)

Amanda
http://patriciaraedesigns.blogspot.com/

Leisel said...

Oh! What a fun coat! Love that pattern. . .

Leisel
Brown Paper Packages