Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Tote Bags


I recently made the Maddie Handbag, a FREE pattern from Homespun Threads.  It was the perfect mid-sized bag!   The Homespun Thread blog is a fantastic resource for free tutorials, including dozens for baby items, bags & crafts.  Aimee's online Bible Studies are really good, too. 


My Maddie Bag  is made of denim and Amy Butler Lotus quilting cotton as the liner & accent fabric.  It took me just as long to cut & interface my fabrics as it did to sew the thing!  I made mine 1.5" taller (13"w x 13"t) and thought it would be a great bag for ladies who like to pack along a Kindle, book or big organizer. I also added pockets across the full width on one side of the lining.  It was hard to give this one away, but it was a Christmas present for my mom.  I'll definitely be making more of these as gifts & possibly for my shop.   


I've marked down some of my tote bags & purses in the shop!  Mention you're a blog reader and I'll refund an additional 10% of the item price for your purchases- including jewelry!  

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi there, this is a beautiful tote bag. You sure are talented. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/