Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sewing for Me ~ Simplicity 2221 Easy Tunic


My BFF gave me some patterns for Christmas and I was finally able to sew for me!  This is Simplicity E2221 cowl neck, 3/4 sleeve view A that I lengthened to mini-dress/tunic length.  I've been wanting to copy one of Jill's tunics like this and this pattern is a really close imitation.  My tunic is made in jersey knit that I found at a 50% off clearance sale at JoAnns last month. It's so comfy! 


I was impressed with the directions for this pattern.  They were easy to follow.  The fit on this top is generous, but princess bodice seams make for easy adjustments.  I took in the back by 4" overall at the waist.  For my mini-dress, I lengthened the skirt to 22".  I followed the directions pretty closely, but did baste & trim down my neck seam before applying the bias tape.  What a pretty seam!

I'm looking forward to trying view B for a summer top or dress.  I highly recommend this pattern.  Read my full review here on Pattern Review.com. 

1 comment:

Cole's Corner said...

You look adorable. I can't wait to see your other versions.