Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pattern Review ~ Santa Monica Sweetheart Tankini from Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop


My first swimsuit was a hit!  I was able to test the new Santa Monica Sweetheart Tankini pattern from Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop.  This little number has a sweetheart neck, halter or v-back, optional bodice ruffle, and 2 bottoms:  a boyshort or brief.  It comes in sizes 3mo - 8. 

This was my first time sewing with lycra, but it was no problem since I'm already comfortable sewing knits.  This pattern is geared towards beginners and is very simple; no fancy finishing techniques here. I was able to make the top and both bottoms in 2 hours using only a sewing machine.  The pattern calls for elastic for the leg casings, but my chubby Nugget had great fit without using elastic. The boyshort rise was  a little high, but I'd rather have extra fabric and be modest than not enough and have her tummy hanging out.  The fit on the top & briefs were excellent!



I'd found this vintage-looking swim fabric at the thrift shop for 50 cents/yd....score!  This suit took about 1/3 yd for all 3 pieces.  Go ahead and splurge on some cute swim fabric since it takes so little!


I give this pattern 2 thumbs up.  Don't be afraid to give it a try.  The pieces are simple and easy to sew and I bet she'll love the swimming suit!  She has another cute tankini set, too, the Coney Island Tankini.  Find it at the Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop here.

No comments: