Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Learning to Sew

I was so proud of my 9 year-old, Abby...she made Little Lizard King's Garden Party Dress for her little sister!  Liz was updating the pattern, so Abby & I reviewed & sewed the revised dress.  It turned out great! 

This was Abby's second sewing project.  She did great at following the picture tutorial and sewing straight seams.  We used a large rubber band to mark her seam allowance and only had to tear out two seams that went wonky.  Tutorials like these from Little Lizard King are how I learned to sew apparel and are a great way to learn!

1 comment:

Bea said...

Awe. What a great job. She should be so proud of herself. And you, too!