Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Purse Palooza ~Fancy Fylerion Bag

Sew Sweetness

Here is my second bag for Purse Palooza 2013 - the Fancy Fylerion bag.

Mama Lusco's Fancy Fylerion bag
The Fylerion bag pattern is a FREE pattern, tutorial and video tutorial from Sew Sweetness.  I've had this one bookmarked for awhile and thought it would be a good size and shape for a special lady's Christmas gift.  Like many Sew Sweetness bags, it is large, measuring 10"long x 15" wide x 2-3" deep....perfect for bringing along lots of stuff!
Back side
This is a great pattern to customize.  To add some extra detailing, I made piping for the front & back accent pieces.  I also added an interior zippered pocket in addition to the patch pocket and switched the single strap to these great purse handles that I've had in my stash for over a year.  I think they are very classy and make my Fylerion fancy :)
Piping detail and magnetic snap closure
Double patch pocket
Inside zippered pocket and key holder
Sara's instructions were easy to follow and the video tutorial is great for beginners.  This is a pattern I will be using again because it is easy to personalize  and has a great size and shape.  The magnetic snap closure is a favorite of mine because it is simple and works well.  Check out the Fylerion Bag pattern & tutorial at Sew Sweetness here to make one of your own.  This one will be a great Christmas gift!

I also hope you are following along at Purse Palooza 2013.  I have been enjoying the bag reviews and am finding some new purse designers.  I'd love to hear some of your favorite free purse tutorials.  Happy Sewing!

No comments: