Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Purse Palooza ~ Rockin' Guitar Bag

Sew Sweetness

It's Purse Palooza time at Sew Sweetness!  I hope you are following along and enjoying all the purse reviews as much as I am.  This is a great excuse to sew some bags for myself and gift-giving.  Here's my third bag, the Rockin' Guitar bag.
I pinned this tutorial from Bored and Crafty awhile back and finally made my own guitar bag.  I started with this guitar photo and drew a pattern based on the photo.  

I wish I had the patience to add some more details to my guitar front, but overall I am really happy with the bag.  Inside, there is a zippered pocket, patch pocket and key holder loop.  I also added a magnetic closure and adjustable strap so it can be worn cross-body or over the shoulder.  



The Bored & Crafty guitar bag has little depth, so I added a 3" strip between my front & back panels for depth.  I used home decor weight fabrics and Pellon 70 to line the outer fabric.  I used a fusible woven interfacing on the lining, so this bag stands at attention!



Abby is begging to keep this one and the neighbor girl wants one for Christmas.  Sounds like I will be making more!  

No comments: