Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Round Neck Tops

 Anyone else out there loving the round neck tops for girls?  I have been wanting That Darn Kat's Round Neck Top for many months, but am sticking to my budget and won't spend $10 on a single pattern. 
 Photo from That Darn Kat
As a compromise, I had my mother pick up this little Easy Stitch & Save pattern # M6007.  I was disappointed to see that it has a zippered back, so improvised and omitted the zipper, adding a button closure to the back instead.  I was able to use this great vintage button I had won in a giveaway last year (Thank you Lora @ Eager Hands!)    I used view B, adding a band for the bottom length for extra cuteness.  I am getting more comfortable sewing collars with facings and this sewed up in about an hour.  I'll sew this one many times!  Mally was ready for bed when I finished this one but she wanted to model :) 

Recently the Snappy Toddler Top Tutorial from Prudent Baby was released that is very similar.  I like the snaps at the shoulder (same as That Darn Cat's pattern) and will try modifying my pattern like this next time. Her pattern is for 12-18 months, but can be enlarged to fit larger sizes. (I would recommend adding interfacing to one of your neck front & back pieces for extra stability for your buttons or snaps.)
Photo from Prudent Baby
 
I also own the Revolutions Frock from Little Print Designs/ Sweet Shop/ Indie Tutes.  This one is only $4!  I'm looking forward to making this one, but it requires 3-4 yards of fabric so I need to go shopping first.
Maybe you are sewing round necks for summer, too? 

1 comment:

PinkPetunias said...

i made the darn kat one and it was a breeze to sew but the size was pretty small. i will make the next size up the next time and i will be sure to put the buttons on the correct side next time. :)