Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Halter Sets

I'm back from a week in beautiful Moscow, ID.  No sewing since before our mini-vacation, but here's a little review of two halter sets that I made my girls before we left. 

The pattern is Simplicity 5531, purchased during a JoAnn $.99 sale a few months ago.  Instead of woven fabric I used some wonderful stretch knit from my stash that was purchased from a Fabric.com clearance sale last fall.  I wish I knew the manufacturer because this stuff is great!  Instead of hemming, I simply serged a rolled hem on the bottom of the top and shorts.  Both sets were finished in 1 1/2 hours and the girls have declared them a new favorite!



4 comments:

michelleml said...

I love this they came out so cute. Do you have to have a serger to get the rolled him effect?

Michelle

Karin van D. said...

Awww. that last picture is adorable. Great tops!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And those girlies are too cute! Love it!