Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mama's Modest Yoga Skirt


Have you been reading Sew, Mama, Sew!'s monthly theme, Make It, Wear It?  All through the month of June they have featured apparel-making tutorials, tips and inspiration.  I have tried 2 of the skirt tutes with differing success.

Today I tried the Modkid Yoga Skirt Tutorial by Patty Young.  Loved it!  I've been saving this heavy stretch knit I had bought on clearance last fall from Fabric.com and decided it was time to use it.  I had only a yard left so my waist band was only 8" high instead of the recommended 15".  It's still really comfortable and I can fold it over.  I think the ideal height for the waist panel would be 10"....next time!  This one cut and sewed in about 30 minutes and is so comfy.  This will become a part of my regular summer wardrobe and I highly recommend it.

Earlier in the month I tried sewing the Poufy Skirt Sew-Along.    This is really not a complicated skirt but I struggled for some reason.  First, I sewed the pockets shut so I ended up cutting them out rather than tear out my seams and resew.  After sewing I anticipated trying on this little skirt but found it would not fit up over my hips.  I then tried putting it on over my head but it only fit at my high waist, making my short skirt too mini for this mama.  With my big waist/hip difference I would need to add several inches to my back panel next time or make it using my hip measurement instead of waist measurement.  All was not lost, as I was able to pass it on to a skinny friend of mine whose hubby loves it as a mini :)



1 comment:

Jill Williamson said...

I wore it yesterday. And, I must confess, I'm not as skinny as I appear to be. I had some trouble getting that baby over my hips...
LOL

Cute yoga skirt!