Friday, June 4, 2010
Mending Week Part IV & V: Turtlenecks to Summer Tops
Mally no longer needed these turtlenecks so I decided to make them into summer tops. The black one only took 5 minutes to cut off the neck close to the seam, leaving seam along neck opening. I folded the seam to the inside and topstitched it down. I cut the sleeves at a short-sleeve length and left these unhemmed. Finished!
With the white turtleneck, I removed the entire collar and neck seam as well as both sleeves and sleeve seams. For the sleeves, I serged the raw edge then added cap sleeves. I added a bib front with 3 buttons then serged the neck opening. Fast, cute and free!