Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Mending Week Part IV & V: Turtlenecks to Summer Tops


Mally no longer needed these turtlenecks so I decided to make them into summer tops.  The black one only took 5 minutes to cut off the neck close to the seam, leaving seam along neck opening.  I folded the seam to the inside and topstitched it down.  I cut the sleeves at a short-sleeve length and left these unhemmed.  Finished!

With the white turtleneck, I removed the entire collar and neck seam as well as both sleeves and sleeve seams.  For the sleeves, I serged the raw edge then added cap sleeves.  I added a bib front with 3 buttons then serged the neck opening.  Fast, cute and free!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

These are cute too! I especially like the white. Way to be thrifty and make more withe less. I love it.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Those turned out adorable!!!