Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award!


I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon to receive my first Blogger award...
 

Thank you!  You made my day :)

Here are the rules for accepting this award:
 
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.

2. Share 10 things about yourself.
1.  I live 3 hours from the nearest city with a fabric store or department store.  No JoAnn's, Walmart or Target!  We need to travel to Bend, OR or Nampa/Boise, ID for major shopping.  It's been an adjustment since moving to remote Eastern Oregon last summer, but a good change for our family.

2.  I try to buy handmade or make the gifts our family gives.

3.  I  am a former track star - 2 time NAIA Indoor Track All- American.  Use it or lose it & it's lost!

4.  My real name is Angela Rae, but friends call me Angie or online you see me as Mama Lusco.

5.  I'd choose shopping at a thrift shop or yard sale over shopping at the mall...any day.

6.  I'm a Foodie - I want to eat real foods without preservatives, hormones or chemicals in them.

7.  I'm a country-girl at heart.  I like to raise chickens for fresh eggs and grow our own beef.  In the summer you'll find me tending my large garden and canning foods for winter.  I like living in the middle of nowhere and knowing where my food comes from.

8.  My favorite smell is baking bread.

9.  If I had to choose one food to survive on, it would be dark chocolate truffles :)

10. I'm a registered nurse and have worked most recently (for 7 years) as an OB/Gyn advice nurse.  I could tell you more than you'd ever want to know about pregnancy, hormones, hysterectomies & pap smears!
 
3. Pass the award along to bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!

This was REALLY tough - there are so many creative blogs that I enjoy reading...
I am passing this Beautiful Blog Award to the blogs below.  I invite you to check them out!  

Melissa @ Lilac Lane
Christine @ From An Igloo
 
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
 
Thanks for reading more than you ever wanted to know about me! Anything else you want to know, just ask :)  I hope you will visit these great blogs and find some sewing inspiration!

2 comments:

mamaTAVE said...

I wonder if you are familiar with the town of Heppner?... My MIL is from there.
Anyhow, just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" for visiting my blog on Giveaway Day last month.
Take care.

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Thank you! Your award is now on my blog!