Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mending Week Part I & II: Jeans to Skirt


The creative girls at Making More With Less are hosting Mending Week, so I'm joining in!  My mending pile is smaller this afternoon after finishing 5 mending/upcycling projects this morning.  Up first was a too short/holey jean upcycle into a new skirt.  I used the little tutorial from Becky's Craft Closet as a guide. Instead of applique, I added  bias trim edging to the bottom and front & back pockets.

Abby refused to wear these overalls but really liked the dress I made Mally with her outgrown overalls last month.  Running with the same idea, I cut the overalls off to shorts length then opened both inner leg seams so I could easily add a twirly skirt and appliqued patches.  After finishing the skirt and appliques, I stitched the leg seams back together for a twirly skort overall.  I think she'll love them!
Stay tuned for more mending, upcycling and even a tutorial!
Also linked to:
Lucky Star Lane Lucky Linky

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

4 comments:

Pearl Girl said...

sew cute!! I love both of them. It feels so good when your mending pile is gone, and you have new outfits to show for it. YaY!!
Becky

Emily said...

Wow! What a transformation....I guess I need to go looking for some overalls :)

Alisa said...

Those are both great! Really neat ideas. Thanks for participating in our Mending Week.

Robin Ange said...

What a great idea. I love overalls, but they are so hard for potty training little ones to wear, now if I could change them into cute little dresses like this, genius.