Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last Minute Gift For Her

We're ready to leave tomorrow for Part I of Christmas Vacation - my family.  I've been frantically sewing this week after being gone last week on a hunting trip then having the flu, leaving only 4 days to get my gift sewing done.  I needed a quick, last-minute gift for girlfriends and remembered all the great shirred, scrunchy knit scarves I've been seeing in Blog-Land...
Flannel Scarf Only $5 at Peace and Mind - Etsy shop!

Photo by Brassy Apple
Photo from Hope Studios Blog
The first tutorial I found was for the pink scarf above by Hope Studios.  This was a very fast project - 15 minutes total per scarf.  The tutorial by Hope Studios is found here.  I made a few changes after the first scarf.  I preferred a width of 8" for 2 rows of shirring and 10" wide with 3 rows of shirring.  My knits were 60" wide in various lengths, so I pieced them together to lengths of about 90" x 8-10" wide.  I chose not to make the cuts at the ends of my scarves as in the tutorial.  Wind plenty of bobbins with your elastic thread - I used 1 bobbin per scarf.  They turned out great and I plan to make some for myself once the frantic gift sewing is over. 

No comments: