Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Easy Ruffle Shrug ~ Pattern Review

Easy Ruffle Shrug
Caroline has done it again!  She just released the Easy Ruffle Shrug, a simple, comfy, adorable pattern for girls.  Like most of Caroline's patterns, this pattern has only one pattern piece, making it a quick, easy project - 2 hours or less!  This pattern is made for knits so it is very comfortable to wear and forgiving to sew.  It includes sizes 12mo - 12.  I love the sizing for big girls!


I tested this pattern using a t-shirt knit with no closure. Abby love, love, loves her shrug!  It makes me wonder if I could pull-off this look, too?!



Another pattern of Caroline's that I have reviewed is her Chloe knit skirt.  This is one of my favorite skirts this summer!  I sewed it using a brown light-weight slub knit.  It is so comfortable that I love wearing it.  This pattern shows you how to draft a pattern to fit your body perfectly. She also give tips for getting a perfectly-even hemline.  Caroline's instructions are excellent and I love the professional design of her tutorial & pattern pieces.  Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my skirt, but here's a few from the pattern listing.


I found that my slub knit was very stretchy, so I decreased the width of my pattern pieces to make up for the extra stretch...a quick & simple alteration to make it work.  I made mine knee-length with matching bloomers to wear underneath :)  I'm not a fan of wearing slips in the summer, so long bloomers underneath work great to cover my unmentionables and prevent chafing.  I really should have been born 100 years ago :) 


Head over to Carolina Fair Designs Etsy shop and try a new pattern.  Her prices are excellent at only $4.95 a pattern!  Thank you, Caroline, for allowing me to test your patterns.  You are one of the best!

No comments: