Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Decorating My Home- Master Bedroom


Yes!  Finally finished my master bedroom curtains, valances & pillow covers.  They remind me of a rich, tropical resort.  I again used the Sew 4 Home lined-tab-top panel tutorial for the panels. Other tutorials I visited for inspiration were this one from 7 Layer Studio and this one from Sew 4 Home. For the buttons, I used assorted black & gold vintage buttons.  The valances are fully-lined and the pillows and tie-backs are from the same material.  The pillows are a simple envelope-back for washing & changing.  My friend, Denise at Whimsy Couture has a free tutorial here for pillow covers. I'm really happy with them!  This weekend I'm working at hanging pictures & mirrors then it's on to the kids' rooms.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great job with the curtains...beautiful. I am getting ready to start my own curtain project soon for the living room picture window. They will be crocheted. Peace, Stephanie

Debbie~ said...

Your curtians are beautiful, I looove that you used vintage buttons on your tabs, I did this a few years ago with tab curtians also, the buttons are my fave part!
Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Unknown said...

these are beautiful - I especially love the pillows!

Becky said...

Good job. I like the lush tropical look with out the "Florida room" colors. Hot pink, aqua and orange aren't very restful.

Becky said...

Hey Angie!

Guess what? No, not as my kids say it's not "chicken butt."

You won another apron! I need your new address.
Methinks your e-mail is broked. I send 'em and they come right back!
Becky
beckysews [at] hotmail [dot] com

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Congratulations on getting your curtains done. Great job! I love that your pillows match too!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I really appreciate it!

XOXO
Jen

Jill said...

They look great! I need to make myself some curtains!

bmabey said...

Wow. What a beautiful job you did on your draperies and pillows. You should be very pleased. I particularly love the vintage buttons you used for the tabs. I need to get a sewing machine. :(