Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Skirt


 I just couldn't stand it...I had to make something just for me!  Forget the two rooms that still need curtains, I was going to make the tote bags I had promised my SIL and two extras for me.  While I was on a sewing kick, I also tried the Sideways Square Skirt from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to MeI need to make a skirt to wear for Easter, but wanted to try the pattern in cheap quilter's cotton before cutting into my fancy stuff.   You take your measurements and follow her formula to draw your pattern and VOILA!  A skirt made to fit your curves.  Besides being saddened by how big my waist and hips really are, I'm pleased with the fit.  The picture Andy took of me wearing the skirt was laughable - I was wearing my pink Adidas tennis shoes & wool socks - so this is as good as it gets...


I also sewed matching diamonds down the back of the skirt.  It sewed up in about an hour and the directions were excellent.  It has no zipper, so I have to put it on over my head, but don't mind because zippers are scary.  I can handle zippers in purses, but zippers on clothing still intimidate me.  Maybe next time :) 

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am impressed and so happy you had time to sew for yourself! (I don't even want to think about my measurements - ugh.)

And honey, if you can put a zipper in a purse I know you can put it in a skirt!