Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

LA Spring Break 2011 & Fashion District


We're back!  After a whirlwind month of March, it sure feels good to be home again!  The last 10 days we've been on Spring Break and for us, that meant a mission trip with the church youth group to Southern California.  We drove 18 hours straight to Burbank, CA on the 18th and stayed in a church there.  We were able to serve at  a homeless shelter, rescue mission and retirement home for retired missionaries 3 of the days then had a fun day at Disneyland.  Other fun adventures included Hollywood (in a torrential downpour!), Venice Beach, Glendale Galleria mall and best of all.....the LA Fashion District!!!


My friend, Jill Williamson, and I took the 3 little girls to the Fashion District to check out the deals I've seen blogged about.  It did not disappoint!  I'm talking $1.99/yd fabrics in small shops, Michael Levine's amazing selection in fabric store style and the incredible Michael Levine Loft where fabric is sold for $2.50 a pound!


I felt feral digging through bins in search of fabrics here.  In addition, they have rolls of fabric and notions along the walls.  If we didn't have the little girls along, I could have spent a whole day here.  In the end, I purchased 49 lbs at the Loft plus some notions and a bag of designer scraps for $2!!! The challenge was carrying it 2 blocks back to the parking garage...I was sore for a few days after that one :)

I've finished our 8 loads of family laundry and am starting to wash the fabrics now.  It's an amazing amount of fabric...it just makes me smile :)  If you have a chance to visit the Los Angeles area, make time to visit the Fashion District.  Bargains galore!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please show us some of your great fabric finds. I live in So. Ca., have never been to the fabric district. I think I'm scared I'll go crazy :) What a fullfilling vacation! Bless you and your family. VintageLisa