Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Jacket & Pattern Review ~ Lily Bird Studio


I'm in love with this little coat!  I've made several jackets for my Nugget but this one has more details than the others I've sewn.  The jacket is from Lily Bird Studio and called the Mona Coat.  It has a faux- double button front, storm flaps on front & back, big collar, a full lining and wrist cuff straps. The Mona Coat comes in sizes 12 mo-8 yrs. 


I love all the details Cecilia has added to this coat!  From the gathered sleeves to shoulder patches to double-stitching the outer seams, this coat is boutique-cute.  I made mine with stretch denim outer fabric and quilting cottons for the storm flaps and lining.  This would be darling in corduroy as well or just quilting cottons for a spring jacket.  You have endless options playing with fabrics for all the many pieces of this coat. 

I was surprised how easily this coat came together.  Cecilia did an excellent job explaining the construction proces step-by-step.  As she says, "it's not hard, just a long process."  I would highly recommend this pattern but plan on it being a several-day project.  I sewed 1-2 hours a night for several days to get this one finished.  This was my first collar with a stand!



My Nugget was not wanting to model this day...such a sad face!
Photo from Lily Bird Studio

No comments: