Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easing into 2011

I'm easing back into the daily routine now that the kiddos are back to school (except #3) and the hubby is teaching/coaching again. Most of December was spent on the road after a week hunting then a week with my family before Christmas and a week with the hubby's family after Christmas. I'm so glad to be home!


This beast is the latest vintage machine to join my fleet. It was a gift from my MIL, thanks to her junquing :) It's a Montgomery Wards Signature Model URR 292, a zig-zag machine with 24 cams for decorative stitches. I'm pretty sure it was made by Juki in the 60's. This is the heaviest machine I have ever moved! After some cleaning, oiling and re-wiring, I'm excited to see how she sews. I have new belts and cams on the way.

Here are a few of the gifts I made this year:
'Peacock' Anthro-Inspired Pillows for MIL

Scrap Lap Quilt for my Mom

This Momma Makes Stuff Art Cases - 5 in all
Vintage Denim & Cord King Quilt for hubby

This Momma Makes Stuff Art Cases - 5 in all
I'm working at deep cleaning the house before starting any more major sewing projects. I'd like to make a new shoulder bag, some feed bag totes, and a few outfits for #3. I'm also starting a deliberately healthy eating plan - AKA DIET - to lose the weight I never did last year :) Mama's going to be grumpy for a few days while my body adjusts to no simple sugars! What's on your To-Do list for 2011? Wishing you all a very Happy New Year ahead.

2 comments:

Little Lizard King said...

Great machine. Good luck with the new eating plan. My mom recently completed a diet, and she looks better than ever. I don't have the discipline - would rather run than restrict, so all the best to you in the new challenge!

Cole's Corner said...

WOW! You were busy. I'm impressed you got so much done... and a little jealous.

Congrats on your new machine!