Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bag City!

~~~Hurry and enter my giveaway found here - Ends tomorrow, Jan. 26.~~~

I am a bag-lover.  My hubby gives me a hard time about all my handbags; does yours, too?  Since learning to sew, I've decided I can't have too many if I'm the one making them.
Photo & Pattern by Sew A Staight Line blog
I was happy to finally finish the 'Not Just Another Pretty Purse' from Sew A Straight Line blog.  This one has been on my To-Sew list since it was published in Oct. 2010. I love the chic lines of this bag and it's big enough for my wallet, planner, zip pouch and a sippy!  The finished dimensions on this bag are about 18"w x 8"h x 3"d.  The tutorial & pattern are available as a free PDF near the bottom of the post.  Well worth the time!  Here's Mama's version...

Notice there are two zippered pouches?  The one on the left is for my giveaway winner and the one on the right is for me!  These are really quick and easy after the first one - 30 minutes tops.  Check out the free tutorial for mini-zippered pouches over at Fishsticks & Fries blog.

I told you this was Bag City....here are 2 other lovelies I finished last week.  
Photo & pattern by SimpleThings/Heart of Mary
These little bags have lots of detail and took about 4 hours each.  This is for a medium-sized shoulder bag that measures approx. 12"h x 11"w x 2.5"d. It has bias or ribbon accents, a magnetic clasp, interior zip pocket and I also added a cell phone pocket & key loop.  Perfect for a day out without all the mommy-gear (or your MIL's birthday!)  You can find the pattern here in Mary's shop or I think on Etsy as well.  I bought this pattern during a B1G1 sale and have made her long wallet also - another great pattern!  Here are Mama's versions...
The bag in the 2nd & 3rd pictures is for sale - $35 shipped in the continental US.  
Email or comment if you'd like to purchase her :)  

I'll be sewing another bag this week for Shannon at My Taylor Made.  It's a big pleated shoulder bag and I'm excited to give it a try :)  Do you have a favorite big bag pattern? I'm always looking for a new Mommy Bag!
Whimsy Couture

No comments: