Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Spray Blood Tank & Mini-Tutorial

I was lucky to receive a sample of Simply Spray's Spray Blood.  This product delivered as promised!  It's designed to imitate blood splatter, bullet holes or dripping blood.  Best of all, it washes off of your skin with soap & water and is also washable on fabrics. 

To test this product, I used a white mens' tank top and one can of Spray Blood.  Items to be sprayed should be hung vertically to get the dripping effect, so I hung mine with clothes pins outdoors on my clothes line.  Place a piece of cardboard or plastic between the front and back of your shirt to prevent staining from front / back sides.  (Blogger is not keeping my photos rotated...ARGGGHH!!)
On the front, I followed their directions to make bullet holes:
BULLET HOLE EFFECT:

Costume position should be vertical. Hold can steady.
Spray blood in one spot and allow to drip, then release trigger.

For the back, I followed directions for the dripping blood:
DRIPPING BLOOD EFFECT:

Costume position should be vertical.
Spray blood slowly in a straight line, allowing blood to drip.

My thoughts on using Spray Blood:
- Product has a watery consistency much like real blood.  It drips on your trigger finger, so keep a wet rag near by to wipe off skin promptly and prevent skin staining.  
- No fumes or bad odors.
- No overspray but they recommend protecting your work surfaces if used indoors. 

The effect of Spray Blood truly looks like real blood!  My son had fun acting in his bloody tank and was really excited with how it turned out.  If you're looking for fake blood, this is a great product for fabrics!

2 comments:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

i won this product too!
its so awesome!!
u did fabulous projects!!!

Becky said...

I love your "model's" look! I think I need some of this stuff for this year's costumes which of course BillHubby and I haven't even started thinking about!